When looking for pet health information on the web, it is very important that you find reliable sources. Anyone can put anything on the internet. There is no one making sure that all the information on the web is accurate and safe. The best source for reliable information on your pet's health are websites created or backed by veterinarians.
Pet Health Resources:
- Pet Insurance University
Confused about pet insurance? This website was created to help you navigate through the confusion.
- AVMA TV
Videos from the American Veterinary Medical Association on pet health and welfare.
- The ASPCA Poison Control Center is an Allied Agency of the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine and has specially trained veterinary toxicologists on-duty around the clock. They are the best resource for any animal poison-related emergency.
If you think your pet may have been poisoned you can call this service for help. A consultation fee may apply.
- AAHA's Healthy Pet Website
Pet health resources from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Includes articles, a vet locator and activity sheets for kids.
- Veterinary Partner
Provides pet health information from veterinarians on topics such as animal health, medications, therapies, surgery, and behavior.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
Created by veterinarians committed to the health of our feline friends. Contains a comprehensive feline health library.
- House Rabbit Society
The House Rabbit Society is dedicated to educating the public about rabbit care.
- Melissa Kaplan's Herp Care Collection
Provides information and resources regarding the care of reptiles.
- AAV's Basic Bird Care Info
The Association of Avian Veterinarians provides information on the basics of bird care.
- Pet Loss Resources
University of California Davis offers resources for those who are grieving the loss of a pet.