Ainsworth Pet Nutrition of Meadville, PA is voluntarily recalling certain lots of Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® wet cat food due to potentially elevated levels of vitamin D.
1) PAW LICKIN CHICKEN AND LIVER (2.8 oz); UPC - 071190007032 ; Best By Date - AUG 17 2015
2) OCEAN FISH AND CHICKEN CATCH-IATORIE (2.8 oz); UPC - 071190007049 ; Best By Date - DEC 1 2016
3) OCEAN FISH A LICIOUS (2.8 oz); UPC - 071190007056 ; Best By Date - DEC 1 2016
4) TUNA PURRFECTION (2.8 oz); UPC - 071190007063 ; Best By Date - DEC 1 2016
5) LIP SMACKIN SARDINE AND MACKEREL (2.8 oz); UPC - 071190007070 ; Best By Date - DEC 1 2016
Multi Packs - 12 Count
1) CHICKEN LOVERS VARIETY PACK (12 count pack of 2.8 oz cups); UPC - 071190007773 ; Best By Date - DEC 1 2016
2) OCEAN LOVERS VARIETY PACK (12 count pack of 2.8 oz cups); UPC - 071190007780 ; Best By Date - DEC 1 2016
Customers with questions about the recall can contact Ainsworth’s Consumer Care at 877-650-3486 or visit www.nutrishforpets.com/news.
To date, there have been 11 reports of illness associated with these products.
Symptoms of excessive vitamin D consumption usually develop within 12-36 hours after ingestion and may include vomiting or diarrhea, increased thirst and urination, and muscle tremors or seizures. Any cat experiencing these symptoms should be taken to a veterinarian immediately.