They are taking this action after recent testing found trace amounts of illegal antibiotic residue in samples of the affected dog treats.
The antibiotics found are not approved for use in the United States.
"Upon learning about the nationwide voluntary withdrawal of several other brands of chicken jerky products through media reports, Hartz acted immediately to begin additional testing to determine if the same unapproved antibiotic residues were present in our products," said, Sr. Director of Quality and Regulatory at Hartz Mountain.
If you have these products contact the Hartz Consumer Affairs team (24 hours/day 7 days/week) at 1-800-275-1414 for a product refund or go to www.hartz.com for additional information.
All Hartz® Chicken Chews™ Soft and Tenders
- 3.5oz. package UPC Number 32700-11966
- 8oz. package UPC Number 32700-11967
- 16oz package UPC Number 32700-11953
- 24oz package UPC Number 32700-11954
- 20oz package UPC Number 32700-51694
All Hartz® Chicken Chews™ Soft and Tender Bite Sized
- 5.7oz package UPC Number 32700-12856 16oz package UPC Number 32700-12765
- 16oz package UPC Number 32700-12765
All Hartz® Oinkies® Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken
- 20 pack Pig Skin Twist Sticks UPC Number 32700-13472
- 7 pack Mini Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03330
- 15 pack Mini Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03331
- 5 pack Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03354